All forfeits incur a fine. These fines can be paid via TeamPay.
We know things come up, so while we will be understanding if your team can’t make any matches once they have been confirmed, your team will unfortunately forfeit the given fixture and pay the fine for it. You can pay your fine via Teampay, at reception before your next game, or through an online bank transfer.
If you choose to pay your forfeiting fine through an online bank transfer, please put your team’s name in the description and use the details below:
Account Name: Willetton Basketball Association Inc.
BSB: 306 085
More Information on Senior Forfeits
The following information regarding senior forfeits has been taken from Willetton Basketball’s senior by-laws.
12.1 – Notification
- 12.1.1 For sufficient notice to be given the Duty Manager must be notified by 5pm on game day.
12.2 – Definitions
- 12.2.1 Notified Forfeits: Where sufficient notice has been given and confirmation received.
- 12.2.2 Un-notified Forfeits: Where sufficient notice has not been given.
- 12.2.3 Illegal Player Forfeits: Where a Team has fielded an Illegal Player.
- 12.2.4 A player legally takes the court: If they are legally substituted into the game; or When the ball becomes live to commence a period and they are a player on the court.
12.3 – Rule
- 12.3.1 If a Team does not have four (4) Players who have legally taken the court within ten (10) minutes of the scheduled starting time, they shall lose by forfeit.
- 12.3.2 If a Team plays while having an Association Invoice overdue they shall lose by forfeit.
- 12.3.3 If one Team forfeits the final score shall be 20 – 0.
- 12.3.4 If both Teams forfeit the results shall be recorded as a 0 – 0 loss to each Team.
- 12.3.5 Notified Forfeits shall incur a fine equal to the game fee for any forfeiting Team.
- 12.3.6 Un-notified Forfeits shall incur a fine equal to twice the game fee for the forfeiting Team.
- 12.3.7 Any Team forfeiting three (3) times in any one (1) Season, may be removed at the discretion of the CAC and will be fined double the game fee on the third forfeit.
12.4 – Exceptions
- 12.4.1 If a Team has formally protested against an Association Invoice the invoice will not be considered overdue. If the protest is dismissed, the invoice will be considered overdue immediately.